Top Ten Summer Vacation Sanity Saviors
Summer is for slowing down although being a single parent I feel as if I’m in overdrive. Yes, sleeping in does happen on occasion but activities and keeping children busy is also part of the summer shuffle. Add to that searching for a job and I’ve been a little overwhelmed with it all. Here are my top ten summer vacation sanity saviors.
- Meditate first thing in the morning.
- Keep containers of sliced fruits and veggies available for snacking.
- Hydrate, flavor the water with real fruit and herbs. My favorite this week fresh squeezed key limes, last week it was mint leaves from the garden.
- Get outside! Garden, walk, bike, swim, bask in the warmth of the summer sun.
- Enjoy potlucks with friends, don’t wait for the weekends only.
- Trade childcare with other families.
- Don’t worry about the dust and dirt on the floor, it’s summer, it means we’re all having fun.
- Keep meals simple.
- Spend a hot afternoon at the library.
- Have a campout in your backyard.